Coolglide Nd Yag Laser Hair removal
The Nd Yag long pulse laser can be used safely on all skin types, including tanned.
Fast repetition rates and large coverage areas allow large areas of the body to be treated quickly. But patients who have used this laser reported feeling more discomfort during the treatment process. This laser is also less effective for light or fine hair, when compared to other lasers.
Which Skin Type is Nd Yag laser hair removal suitable for?
- Nd Yag Laser can be used for all types of skin (type I to type VI)
- It is known to be effective on darker or tanned skin
What are the advantages of Nd Yag laser hair removal?
- Works on almost all skin types including tanned or darker skin tones
- Nd YAG 1064 nm system is recommended for darkly pigmented skin
- Many studies have shown that these lasers are able to achieve a significant delay before hair grows again in the treated areas.
- Larger body areas can be treated very rapidly
What are the side effects of Nd Yag laser hair removal?
- When compared to other lasers, this laser is not that effective on white or light hair. It is also less effective when fine hair is involved.
- This laser may be more painful than other lasers
- There exists a risk of burns, scars, redness, skin discoloration, and swelling
- Has not been proven to be effective in achieving long-term results.